You are here: Home / Project Manager- FPP – 001G7X – Northwell Health NEW
Share This Job
Share This Job
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, highly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in information systems, required, including a minimum of two (2) years project management experience, preferred. Hospital or practice setting, preferred.
- Knowledge of front-end registration and reimbursement systems, where applicable, required. Additionally, knowledge of IDX, Invision/ SMS systems, preferred.
- Strong project management, analytical, computer literacy, interpersonal and communication skills, required.
- Excellent customer service and team building skills, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
As Manager, Project – FPP you will manage and coordinate the implementation of PAANS’ information system projects in support of the Medical Group. You will also manage and ensure Medical Group Information Technology initiatives are being met. Additionally, you will serve as a liaison between the department and vendors and conduct in-services, as necessary. You will collaborate with key Medical Group and service line management, OCIO and clinical department staff.
- Project Management:
- Creates project work plans, outlining scope, milestones, implementation issues, risks and budgets as applicable to assigned project. Ensures project milestones are met and appropriate methodologies are utilized.
- Reviews all contractual obligations and works to ensure status of deliverables. Resolves all issues relating to system with vendor(s) and payor(s).
- Evaluates information technology to promote operational efficiency, financial reimbursement and compliance with financial regulations, as appropriate. Ensures adherence to Health System policy and procedures.
- Ensures technology solutions are implemented in a timely manner and escalates issues to appropriate management as necessary.
- Performs periodic post-installation reviews of all system initiative. Identifies system or process break-downs; develops and implements correction action.
- Develops and manages in-services for staff of assigned area of responsibility/ project.
- Communicates with user departments and project teams regarding implementation activities and system changes to ensure feasibility.
- Coordinates and maintains communication between Medical Group, hospital, Corporate IT, Finance/ Revenue Cycle management and vendor(s) and payor(s) regarding system applications and initiatives.
- Facilitates communication of project work plan progress across key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation and attainment of project goals, operational needs and milestones.
- Creates and maintains project documentation for status, issues, budget and other project related deliverables.
- Develops system specifications to appropriately meet department requirements and meet operational needs. Collaborates with stakeholders to design, specify and execute all required integration related demographics and charges while ensuring accuracy and reconciliation, as needed.
- Develops and implements appropriate controls to ensure data integrity and interface effectiveness.
- Assesses assigned system for improvement and enhancements. Ensures the incorporation of financial regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Creates ad-hoc reports to ensure system builds are working according to specifications and to ensure accurate payments from insures, as applicable.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute key operating indicators and metric reporting and ensures distribution to appropriate management.