You are here: Home / Radiation Therapist – 001FOP – Northwell Health NEW
Share This Job
Share This Job
* Graduation from an approved two (2) year school for Radiation Therapy, required.
* Currently licensed in Radiotherapy in New York State
Performs a variety of technical procedures in the application and delivery of radiation therapy, as prescribed by the physician
* Interprets and delivers accurate radiation therapy treatment courses to patients as prescribed by the physician.
* Positions patient correctly using proper immobilization devices.
* Identifies and utilizes beam modifying devices i.e. wedges, bolus, electron cones, lead blocks, and compensation devices, etc.
* Calculates and delivers treatment doses as prescribed.
* Evaluates course of treatment and plans accordingly any impending alteration to avoid any interruption in patient’s treatment plan.
* Maintains treatment records.
* Records treatments.
* Documents pertinent information to facilitate patient’s set-up i.e., tattoos, photos, localization’s, dose calculations, irregular field tracings, immobilization devices, etc.
* Identifies and properly amends any charting errors in accordance with Hospital and departmental procedures.
* Monitors treatment equipment.
* Initiates warm-up of treatment machines.
* Performs routine quality assurance checks as outlined by machine manufacturers and departmental physicists.
* Monitors and identifies any irregularities during its operation and notifies appropriate personnel.
* Uses standard emergency procedure to terminate x-ray beam, when necessary.
* Maintains logbooks.
* Keeps appointment schedule books to facilitate initiating new patients in a timely fashion.
* Records patients under treatment in monthly logbook to serve as a cross-reference to treatment records and maintains accurate daily, monthly and yearly statistics.
* Maintains patient relations.
* Maintains professional rapport with patients.
* Explains treatment procedure to patient.
* Informs patient of routine skin care.
* Recognizes and reports any irregular patient symptoms to appropriate personnel.
* Maintains treatment rooms and console areas.
* Keeps room and console area neat and clean.
* Maintains adequate supplies and informs supervisor of depleting stock provides input for equipment and supplies purchase decisions.
* Ensures cabinets and equipment are labeled and stocked to maintain efficiency during patient set-ups.
* Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions