Emergency nursing at Northwell Health is driven by our mission to provide better patient care. With 21 hospitals throughout the five boroughs, Long Island and Westchester, we have emergency capabilities you won’t find anywhere else:
- Two state-of-the-art EDs opened in the past six months at Southside Hospital and Huntington Hospital
- New York City’s first ever freestanding emergency department
- State-of-the-art SkyHealth helicopter service
In addition, we feature innovative Telehealth/Telestroke/Telepsych programs that connect patients presenting specific conditions with the appropriate specialist in their area. Even if not on site, the specialist can connect via video and audio right at the patient’s bedside.
“By being an emergency nurse at any Northwell Health facility, you’re not just part of one hospital, you’re part of an Emergency Medicine service line, and a health system.”
— Kate O’Neill (Enright), RN, MSN, Director of Clinical Operations, Emergency Medicine Service Line
Your career, your choice.
“There’s a lot of opportunity for nurses to develop and grow professionally within Northwell Health. You’re part of a vast health system, not just one hospital,” says Kate O’Neill (Enright). Whether you’re looking to work in a fast-paced urban medical center or a more intimate community hospital, Northwell Health has a place for you. And with the diversity of cases we handle, you’ll experience continual professional challenge.
The learning never stops, and neither does your career. We believe in constant learning, development, and professional growth. The only way this happens is through a commitment to our nurses to make it happen.
“Our nursing talent is extremely important at Northwell Health and our system offers numerous opportunities. In addition to a very structured fellowship program for new graduate emergency nurses, we also focus heavily on developing our nursing leaders.”
–Paula A. Fessler RN, BSN, MSN, MS, FNP-BC, Vice President, Emergency Medicine Service Line
Throughout our extensive system, you’ll be able to:
- Benefit from our structured Emergency Nursing Education and opportunities for mentorship
- Leverage the potential to grow into leadership roles – Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, ADN and more
- Experience unequaled educational opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, fellowships, advanced trauma training, career ladders and more
- Enjoy the front line engagement of our shared governance model and our collaborative care committees
Make the call.
We have openings throughout our system for exceptional team players who can think and act fast.
“We’re looking for nurses who are engaged in their professional practice, patient-centered, and looking to be part of a dynamic organization.”
— Kate O’Neill (Enright), RN, MSN