If you refuse to settle, if you constantly push yourself to achieve more, if you want to work on the cutting edge of surgical nursing, a nursing career at North Shore University Hospital (NSUH) is made for you. We’re a Level I trauma center, a destination surgical center for the region and a place where the most complex surgeries are an everyday thing.
- We’re bringing together a team of top-notch clinical professionals
- We’re constantly investing in state-of-the-art surgical technology
- We’re growing fast and enhancing our extensive capabilities, including a new building that will house 18 brand new state-of-the-art operating rooms
- We’re adding ORs with hybrid technology and new ICUs
- We’re opening a world-class heart transplant center
In all we do, we’ll continue to deliver high quality care and we won’t stop pushing the envelope. We are making changes at a pace that no other hospital can keep up with, and we need the right people to make it happen.
“Miracles happen at North Shore.”
–Kelly Treacy, Associate Executive Director of Perioperative Services
The heart of incredible achievements.
One of our most exciting developments is the upcoming opening of our new heart transplant center. “A life-saving heart transplant program at North Shore University Hospital will be a major resource for residents of Long Island, Queens and the outer boroughs,” said Alan Hartman, MD, Senior Vice President and Executive Director of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Northwell Health. “This gives transplant patients access to high-quality care, closer to home.”
Facing challenges head on.
From transplants to all of our surgical services, outstanding people are what drive our exceptional care. They question assumptions, push boundaries and always put patients first. The result? An impressive array of awards and designations:
- Bariatric Surgery Centers of Excellence as named by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Named among the nation’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for neurosurgery, heart surgery and GI surgery
- Designated Academic Centers of Excellence for minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic oncology and gynecology by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery
“This is for people who are eager to learn and want to be part of something really incredible –which is the delivery of stellar patient care. It is so much more than a job, it’s a passion.”
— Kelly Treacy
Movers and shakers.
To help grow exceptional OR performers, we provide exceptional opportunities for continuous learning. We also offer general OR and Ambulatory OR fellowships. And with our commitment to promoting from within, you’ll enjoy exceptional career advancement possibilities. This is a place where career progression is not only encouraged, it’s expected. And we’ll give you every tool and opportunity you need to go as far as your ambition will take you – RN to BSN to MSN and more.
“The caliber of people we’ve brought on has been fantastic, including baccalaureate-prepared nurses (many who are in pursuit of a master’s degree).”
— Kelly Treacy
Take up the challenge.
The continued excellence of our surgical programs requires OR nurses with the skills and passion to rise to meet even the greatest surgical challenges. If this sounds like it was made for you, you can take that next step at our OR Nursing Interview Day on Thursday, August 17. We’ve got 8, 10 and 12-hour shifts to choose from.
Refuse to settle. Don’t compromise your career to work conveniently. Help us shape the future of OR nursing, and accept the challenge that comes with it.