Northwell Health is looking for first responders to join. By signing up for our Talent Community you are expressing interest in an EMS career with Northwell where we have careers located on Long Island and in Queens and NYC. You may also be contacted by a recruiter to discuss your career aspirations and you will receive our monthly newsletter.
- Transports patients via ambulance.
- Executes the safe operation of the vehicle and the safe delivery of patients to their destinations.
- Provides Basic Life Support as required.
About our CEMS department:
Our Center for Emergency Medical Services is the only ambulance agency in NY State to be duly accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS), and the National/International Academies of Emergency Dispatch, an Accredited Center of Excellence (ACE). CEMS has established and achieved a high standard of excellence at both the dispatch and communication levels through certifications.
With our certifications, we’re coordinating our responses quickly. With our technology, we’re beating emergencies to the starting line.
Our state-of-the-art Communications Center handles nearly 850 calls each day and our cutting-edge global positioning satellite (GPS) system allows dispatchers to track ambulance locations and speed. Once calls are received and entered by CEMS operators, dispatchers use a sophisticated computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and mapping system to locate and alert the closest unit to the assignment. From Manhattan to Montauk, CEMS dispatchers track nearly 35 ambulances handling close to 150 assignments each day.
Northwell Health is looking for First Responders like you to join the best emergency services team on Long Island. Register today to interview with our recruiters and hiring leaders for per diem opportunities in the Long Island area.
- High School degree or equivalent, required
- Valid New York State Driver’s License, required
- Valid New York State Emergency Medical Technician certification, required
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification, required