Performs a complete verification check on all health insurance coverage. Obtains all financial demographic information from the discharge planner for the organization, as well as outside referrals. Demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times.
- Obtains all financial demographic information from the discharge planner for the organization, as well as outside referrals.
- Verifies all required insurance information, including primary payor data.
- Notifies Nurses of any change in insurance information, as needed.
- Provides information on all insurance coverage and any patient financial responsibility to discharge planner.
- Completes all required elements of the insurance verification form.
- Enters verified insurance information into computer.
- Acts as a liaison between verifications and reimbursement.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.