Supervises and coordinates the staff and daily activities of the Food and Nutrition department. Responsible for preparation and delivery of meals, overall sanitation, and training of employees.
- Promotes Food & Dining Services department goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable team members.
- Leads the activities of assigned Food & Dining Services team members by communicating and providing guidance toward achieving department objectives.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and completes performance evaluations of staff.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service.
- Ensures timely delivery of meals, snacks and late trays to patients.
- Instructs employees in the proper use of equipment and sanitation techniques; ensures adherence to established policies and procedures; reports malfunctioning equipment to management.
- Conducts sanitation inspections for assigned areas as directed; documents meal testing results and resolves unacceptable outcomes.
- Participates in departmental Performance Improvement initiatives and recommends changes to work flow and systems as necessary.
- Oversees catering for special functions including reserving room, set-up and break down.
- Investigates customer complaints and reports findings to management.
- Responsible for cash control.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current Food Service Manager Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, required.