Takes and relays telephone messages. Provides routine information to patients and/or direct patients inquiry to appropriate staff/unit. Compiles and prepares periodic statistical reports. Performs other clerical duties, as needed.
- Answers phones, provides necessary information and takes appropriate messages. Contacts various departments and clinical services, as needed.
- May schedule appointments for patients with ancillary departments and Doctors’ offices.
- May in-take registration of patients by greeting them as they arrive to suite, obtaining necessary demographic and insurance information, and recording it appropriately.
- May perform some cashiering duties. Receives bill completed by physician and collects the proper fee from patient. Forwards all bills and payments to appropriate individual for proper processing.
- Retrieves and files charts/reports as needed.
- May screen medical records for completion. Audits incomplete chart file.
- May contact employer, insurance company for governmental agency, as needed.
- Compiles statistics on a daily and monthly basis and prepare various statistical reports.
- Enters data into department computer system and types correspondence, as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.