Performs cleaning duties as well as other tasks performed by the Environmental Services Department. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs all cleaning functions following established procedures in a timely fashion; uses properly labeled cleaning supplies for each job as instructed.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition, uses supplies economically; cleans beds, blinds, ceilings, light fixtures, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, walls, windows, wall tiles, ceiling and wall vents, televisions, etc. following established procedures.
- Washes and hangs draperies and cubicle curtains; washes and polishes furniture and metal.
- Sweeps walkways and outside perimeter of facility (where currently applicable); sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, vacuums, and buffs floors.
- Replenishes liquid soap, paper towels and toilet tissue; moves furniture from one area in facility to another (where currently applicable); may be asked to move furniture to outside storage facility; distributes clean linen carts; picks up soiled linen and delivers to linen department.
- Collects garbage, cleans and re–lines trash receptacles with plastic liners; transports garbage to designated area and disposes non–infectious waste appropriately.
- Deposits red bags-infectious waste, in holding cart in cautious manner; transports red-bag garbage to Sani-Pak area and inserts into Sani-Pak; operates Sani-Pak receptacle.
- Moves all furniture and replaces same after carpet installations, in preparation to strip, seal or wax floors or when a department is relocating (where currently applicable); moves all of the aforementioned as necessary for the smooth and efficient flow of any required work to be performed and replaces same.
- Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, lecture podiums, etc. according to specifications; removes trash before setting up next function/meeting.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.