Northwell Health’s Department of Community and Population Health is looking for Master level Public Health or Health Care Administration students who would be interested in completing their internship helping to build and roll-out a Youth Education and Pipeline Program. It will provide valuable experience and skill development in community-based program planning and implementation.
This internship will be 2-3 days per week of remote work, with occasional in person meetings scheduled.
Youth Education and Pipeline Program Description
Building on existing work at Northwell Health that focuses on youth enrichment, we are seeking to establish an evidence-based comprehensive and holistic Youth Education and Pipeline Program that will help vulnerable youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential by providing access to resources that will prepare them to be academically successful, pursue higher education, and ultimately obtain a career in healthcare. Providing youth with opportunities and tools to succeed educationally and professionally is a critical building block to creating long-term social and health equity.
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s level program majoring in Public Health or Healthcare Administration, required.
- Strong qualitative and interpersonal skills, required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment/overseeing multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The following experience is highly desirable, but not required:
- Work with or for community-based organizations.
- School/Youth programming.
- Community-based program development, implementation and evaluation.