Performs billing, collections, third party reimbursements, computer data entry and retrieval. Helps in posting charges to accounts.
- Performs charge and payment entry; also performs coding and ensures accurate completion of coding for all assigned physician specialties.
- Aids review of physician’s coding and identify possible conflicts in rules.
- Notifies physician when discrepancies are identified for correction.
- Coordinates incoming mail with open queue charges to maintain queue status.
- Reads and interprets insurance explanation of benefits; responds to insurance payer edits, rejections, and denials; identifies cause of rejections and chooses most appropriate methods to resolve them.
- Creates detailed, well-versed typed letters to insurances and patients.
- Creates effective appeal packages to submit to insurances.
- Communicates in an effective professional manner when speaking with insurances and patients.
- Maintains organized files of incoming and completed work.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.