Performs patient care under the physician’s direct supervision. Duties include, but are not limited to; preparing patient for physician, administering, obtaining and recording diagnostic laboratory test results. Assists in coordinating organization of care to meet patient needs including, preparing, organizing and filing reports into the medical record. Job Responsibility • Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care; may record reason for visit and related patient information for practitioner review. • Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures which may include, but are not limited to, head circumference, audiometry, and vision testing; documents findings in the medical record. • Collects and assists providers in collection of specimens, as required, using appropriate protocols such as infection control; completes requisitions, labels and routes specimens according to standard procedure. • Performs and documents daily controls and calibration of laboratory equipment when needed; informs the supervisor of when inaccurate controls are noted. • Performs electrocardiograms and phlebotomy in accordance with provider orders; adheres to infection control standards including, but not limited to, hand hygiene, use of PPE, isolation of patient with known infectious disease, and equipment disinfection/sterilization. • Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned rooms and cupboards and ensures par levels of supplies are maintained; checks and completes required logs and equipment including refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, sample medications, AED, suction and other required checks. • May participate in pre-visit chart preparation by ensuring required lab results and documentation are available in the medical record for practitioner review (for practices using paper medical records). • Performs variety of other clerical functions such as filing of paper medical records, processing insurance forms, preparing financial records, photocopying, answering phones, and assuring efficient flow of patients through the suite, etc. • Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions. Aids proper patient-flow by preparing and supplying all examination rooms for scheduled appointments. Initiates and tracks paperwork resulting from consultation/examination. Escorts patient.
Job Responsibilities also include
- Escorts patient to and from examination and/or procedure areas.
- Reviews scheduled appointments to determine needed supplies.
- Obtains and sets-ups supplies and equipment in advance.
- Initiates and tracks related paperwork such as biopsy records, prescription call-ins and renewals, and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Sterilizes all equipment.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.