Per Diem- Variable Shifts and Variable Days, based on operational needs
Performs skilled and semiskilled work in several crafts and repairs, including carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
- Repairs furniture, office equipment, door closers, hinges, faucets, drains, doors, etc. in maintenance shop and on location.
- Lays out and installs new shelves, soap dishes, paper towel holders, coat hooks, cork strips, etc.
- Constructs or reconstructs specific pieces of equipment, stands and attachments; anchors objects to masonry, walls, etc.
- Demolishes walls, ceilings, and clean up areas as needed; performs large variety of small or occasional “handyman” jobs (does not perform at full level of carpentry, electrical and plumbing crafts).
- Observes, initiates, and performs constructions and repairs to preserve and avoid in loss of property.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other trades to increase efficiency and avoid duplication of effort.
- Assists Grounds Shop with the salting, sanding and removal of snow.
- Assists maintenance shop in creating procedures for well-organized and expedient responses to various emergencies.
- Responds promptly to emergency situations and supports the leadership in resolution process.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.