Operates x-ray and auxiliary equipment processes images; maintains and cleans equipment. Maintains required documentation.
- * Transfers, positions, and instructs the patient regarding the procedure in order to obtain an optimal image, utilizing devices which include immobilization etc.
- * Provides protection to unaffected areas of the body from radiation exposure utilizing lead shields in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- * Calculates and selects proper technical factors such as KVP, MAS, time and distance based on such information as patient size, physical condition and suspected or known pathology.
- * Assists the physicians in the performance of specialized examinations such as IVP, BE, or other procedures by preparing rooms and passing instruments and supplies as needed.
- * Selects and loads proper cassettes.Operates X-ray equipment according to specific diagnostic procedure, and in conformance to established routines and techniques.Reviews processed images to ensure that they are of acceptable quality, contain markers and patient identification information.
- * Utilizes portable x-ray equipment to execute diagnostic procedures in patient’s rooms, surgery, and fluoroscopy room and in other instances when patients cannot come to the department.In accordance with Radiology’s Policy and Procedure cleans and maintains all portable equipment.
- * Ensures that images, examination requisitions and other related records are completed for patient identification, statistical and billing purposes.
- * Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition at all times and ensures that examination rooms are adequately supplied.
- * Observes department Radiation safety procedures to maintain occupational exposure as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA).
- * Thorough knowledge of Peripheral Inserted Central Catheter and its function.
- * Working knowledge of set up and maintaining a sterile field.
- * Competent in and responsible for completion of side site verification.
- * Primary responsibility for calling time-out prior to start of all procedure.
- * Competent to assist physician in placing a Peripheral Inserted Central Catheter.
- * Working knowledge of alternative methods and or approaches.
- * Familiarity with the basic operation of a portable ultrasound machine.
- * Competent in the use of a C-arm relative to the procedure.
- * Maintains a Flouro log for all procedures.
- * Proficient in RIS and PACS systems.
- * Transports patients when necessary to expedite examinations and or patient satisfaction.
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Frequently lifts or moves objects
- Occasionally carries objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently pushes patients or objects up to 200 pounds
- Occasionally moves with assistance, patients or objects greater than 250 pounds.
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology program, required.
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist, required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration, required.
- Prior radiology technology experience, preferred.