Leads and guides food service staff in the performance of duties. Performs all functions of the Food Service Worker.
- Leads and guides food service staff in the performance of duties.
- Participates in training of new staff members and ongoing educational programs for staff.
- Prioritizes workload and distributes assignments accordingly.
- Provides input into staff counseling and evaluations; assists in completing competency assessment/performance appraisals according to schedules and policies.
- Ensures safety measures are followed and acts as resource to staff in matters of customer service, operation of equipment, safety and infection control.
- Prepares and serves food to patients as assigned; performs all functions of the Food Service Worker.
- Transports food and supplies to designated areas within cafeteria and/or hospital.
- Operates machines used in the preparation of food or sanitation equipment and work area.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area; may perform environmental service duties.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current Certified Food Handler Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, required.