Provides individual, and/or group work services to patients and/or their families in various health care settings. Utilizes psychosocial assessment skills to deliver social work services.
- Provides culturally competent direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help individuals maximize their functioning.
- Utilizes high risk criteria and/or consultation referrals to identify patients in need of or who could benefit from social work assessment and intervention. Advocates on behalf of the individual to ensure maximum access to health care, assesses barriers and offers solutions.
- Provides interdisciplinary team with assessment findings and suggests potential impact on overall care of patient.
- Provides psycho education, counseling, and crisis intervention to patients and their families.
- Formulates and implements treatment and discharge plans that are safe and timely and in line with the expectations of the site and promote patient choice. Initiates communication with post-acute providers and payers as needed.
- Incorporates knowledge of community resource sand entitlement programs in all planning.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by site policies and procedures.
- Represents department and profession is various hospital/site based committees and work groups.
- May assign and monitor undergraduate and graduate level Social Work students; assigns cases to students and monitors work through weekly supervisory meetings; writes all required evaluations of student’s field placement performance.
- Consults with program management regarding student’s training program, progress, development, and placement experience; meets with student’s faculty advisor at prescribed intervals.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking preferred.
- Master of Social Work required.
- Current License to practice as a Master Social Worker, or Current License to practice as a Clinical Social Worker in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- Bi-lingual Spanish; capable of providing comprehensive assessment and therapy in Spanish to non English speakers.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.