Performs one of a number of tasks relating to the preparation and service of food; the delivery and collection of food and supplies, the appropriate operation of machinery and the sanitation of specific areas of the department.
- * Prepares, packages, portions and serves food to patients and cafeteria customers, as assigned.
- Prepares and arranges food according to guidelines.
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Serves food while accurately filling requests.
- Works the tray line.
- Refrigerates and labels perishable food.
- * Transports food and supplies to designated areas within hospital or cafeteria.
- Delivers food trays, nourishment, supplemental feedings and supplies in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Delivers and sets up special functions.
- Collects used carts or trays and returns them to kitchen.
- Maintains sufficient amounts of supplies to support operations.
- * Operates equipment in the preparation of food in a safe and efficient manner, according to policies and procedures.
- * Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and cafeteria areas.
- Mops floors, cleans equipment, utensils, work and service areas using detergents and germicides, as required.
- Washes dishes, trays, pots, etc.
- Cleans and polishes stainless steel equipment.
- Removes garbage from kitchen and cafeteria area.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior institutional food service experience, preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions