The Path Forward Return to Work program at Northwell Health (“Returnship Program”) includes a 16-week paid “returnship” for experienced professionals who are currently on an extended career break due to caregiving responsibilities for at least two years and are looking to reenter the paid workforce and resume their career. Candidates should have significant prior professional work experience prior to leaving the workforce. Those who meet these criteria, as well as the qualifications for the individual roles available in the Returnship Program, are welcome to apply.
At Northwell Health, we are excited to offer the Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills, perspective, and contributions a returning professional can offer to the workplace. This Returnship Program offers candidates a chance to revamp skills, update work experience and make connections with others transitioning back into the workforce. In addition to the work experience in their placement, participants will receive skills development, manager support, mentorship, and support from our Caregiver Business Employee Resource Group. Additionally, participants in the program will receive support through a partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that seeks to empower those who have been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce. Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may be considered for, but are not guaranteed, regular employment.
Description Writes, edits, or revises a variety of technical and user documents including procedure
manuals, standard operating procedures, system design documents, process flows, meeting minutes, and other related technical documentation.
• Writes, edits, and/or revises Information Technology lifecycle documentation including SOPs, User Guides, reports, system architecture diagrams, and other lifecycle documentation as necessary.
• Maintains documentation process flow standards.
• Collects and organizes complex technical, management, and administrative information required for documentation preparation.
• Formats and edits technical documents according to documentation framework and ensures accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
• Develops and integrates graphics into deliverable documents as necessary.
• Proofreads materials for grammar, conciseness, structure, clarity of expression, conformity of style, organization, presentation, and technical accuracy.
• Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
• Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.