Provides for smooth operations of Department by repairing and maintaining fixtures, furniture, appliances, machinery, and mechanical equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- * Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures.
- Performs one or more of the simpler skilled and semiskilled tasks which normally would come under such crafts as plumbing, electricity, and carpentry.
- Repairs furniture and equipment in shop.Adjusts and makes minor repairs at “location” of such items as furniture, office equipment, door closers, hinges, faucets, drains, doors, etc.
- Constructs/reconstructs specific pieces of equipment (usually simple) such as stands, attachments, etc.Also anchors objects to masonry, walls, etc.
- Installs new equipment, as directed.Performs wheel and caster work of rolling stock.Performs a variety of small or occasional “handy man” jobs; does not perform at full level of crafts, i.e electrician, carpenter, etc.
- Performs under standing orders, decisions are generally limited to quality and completeness of task; shows initiative and judgment in performing jobs in order to prevent loss of property.
- Performs routine inspections.
- Inventories and requisitions parts, as required.
- Completes work orders.
- Completes work order tickets as part of quality assurance program.
- Properly installs and makes general repairs to Hospital equipment, including, but not limited to, electric outlets and switches, ballasts, sinks and toilets, beds, traction equipment, snake drains, changes bulbs, repairs call cords, changes all types of filters, services fire extinguishers, etc.
- Assists Foremen and Leads to perform their duties when requested.
- Keeps management informed of activities, needs, and problems within the Department.
- Performs emergency repairs.
- Responds to emergency situations and to assist the department management in resolving the emergency.
- Repair doors and windows due to wind and storm damage.
- Performs other repairs considered an emergency by the department management.
- Assists in setting procedures for various foreseeable emergencies.
- Participates in Hospital and Department seminars and safety lectures.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Vocational School training with courses in Blueprint Reading.
- Minimum three (3) years as a Mechanic in a related field.
- General mechanics knowledge in carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical repair, refrigeration, and HVAC, required