**THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION**
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Northwell Health (“Returnship Program”) includes a 16-week paid “returnship” for experienced professionals who are currently on an extended career break due to caregiving responsibilities for at least two years and are looking to reenter the paid workforce and resume their career. Candidates should have significant prior professional work experience prior to leaving the workforce. Those who meet these criteria, as well as the qualifications for the individual roles available in the Returnship Program, are welcome to apply.
At Northwell Health, we are excited to offer the Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills, perspective, and contributions a returning professional can offer to the workplace. This Returnship Program offers candidates a chance to revamp skills, update work experience and make connections with others transitioning back into the workforce. In addition to the work experience in their placement, participants will receive skills development, manager support, mentorship, and support from our Caregiver Business Employee Resource Group. Additionally, participants in the program will receive support through a partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that seeks to empower those who have been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce. Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may be considered for, but are not guaranteed, regular employment.
- Provides generalist support with limited direction from the HR Business Partner; links and executes site HR policies and procedures supporting the HR strategies.
- Guides employees to the HR Customer Service Center for inquiries related to compensation, benefits and payroll, and to Employee Assistance Program for work life balance related inquiries; coordinates site-specific requirements and employee feedback with HR Business Partner and CHRO.
- Tracks site-specific HR metrics; coordinates site employee activities such as dinners, blood drives, picnics, etc.; works with Corporate HR to leverage existing services and gain support to implement activity.
- Assists departments in identifying the need for employee communications and works with Corporate HR Communications to develop and deliver effective communications to site departments; coordinates communication initiatives specific to a department with existing communication mechanisms and ensure that department is aware of existing Corporate HR communication initiatives.
- Works with HR Business Partner, managers and employees on employee relation’s issues including routine and complex issues; assists departments to resolve employee issues and develop solutions.
- Researches relevant issues in order to provide suggestions and solutions; involves Corporate HR Employee Relations/Labor Relations personnel in decision-making strategies.
- Supports the development of and implementation of all elements of the Performance Management program at the site; gathers data to ensure site compliance with Performance Management Methodology and use of tools and prepares reports.
- Advises department heads in the development of employees to close skill gaps in support of career development; facilitates the succession planning processes within site departments with a focus on achieving diversity and creating developmental plans for a high performing, productive staff.
- Assists the Competency and Performance Management Team in maintaining and gathering information to report competencies at the site.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
**THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION**