The Path Forward Return to Work program at Northwell Health (“Returnship Program”) includes a 16-week paid “returnship” for experienced professionals who are currently on an extended career break due to caregiving responsibilities for at least two years and are looking to reenter the paid workforce and resume their career. Candidates should have significant prior professional work experience prior to leaving the workforce. Those who meet these criteria, as well as the qualifications for the individual roles available in the Returnship Program, are welcome to apply.
At Northwell Health, we are excited to offer the Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills, perspective, and contributions a returning professional can offer to the workplace. This Returnship Program offers candidates a chance to revamp skills, update work experience and make connections with others transitioning back into the workforce. In addition to the work experience in their placement, participants will receive skills development, manager support, mentorship, and support from our Caregiver Business Employee Resource Group. Additionally, participants in the program will receive support through a partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that seeks to empower those who have been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce. Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may be considered for, but are not guaranteed, regular employment.
Supports the design and development of custom Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards, metrics and reports. Translates business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications, conducts data analysis, identifies data sources, and creates and modifies data architecture as necessary. Participates and supports the analysis of business intelligence initiatives
- Develops dashboards, metrics, or insights and identify trends or anomalies.
- Consults with users or decision makers to identify data sources, required data elements, or data validation standards.
- Collaborates with development teams to design business intelligence solutions to facilitate data gathering, storage, and retrieval.
- Collaborates with end users in the design and development of custom dashboards, metrics and reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates end user’s reporting needs and translates business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications.
- Researches and conducts data analysis in support of resolution of production issues.
- Coordinates with other IT groups and other departments in the resolution of problem calls.
- Documents all report related activities including user requests, report specification, development, modification, testing and on-going production support.
- Creates dashboard and reporting solutions to meet user needs and requirements.
- Ensures development of entire dashboard life cycle including coding, unit testing, bug fixes and report design.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action. Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, required.