Guides team members to carry out daily operations of the Pharmacy Department. Organizes workflow and staff schedules to ensure efficient and timely service. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Performs all duties of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates daily operations of the Pharmacy Department.
- Coordinates workflow to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of pharmaceutical services and maintain safe dispensing practices.
- Prepares, assesses and distributes work schedule.
- Reports schedule discrepancies to management.
- Selects, prepares, and dispenses drug products to fill inpatient and outpatient prescriptions.
- Maintains inventory and records of investigational drugs, control substances and methadone.
- Manufactures, prepares, and labels compounds, solutions, and other sterile products.
- Participates in development and implementation of new programs to meet departmental goals and improve services.
- Conducts pre-admission/discharge patient medication interviews, as required.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medications charting documents to maintain accurate patient profile.
- Ensures drugs are reordered as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy required.
- Current License to practice as a Pharmacist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, required.