Under immediate personal supervision of a registered Pharmacist, may practice as a pharmacist and conduct associated tasks and functions. Performs administrative staff work.
- Assists in the preparation of medications for inpatient orders and outpatient prescriptions; types necessary labels.
- Assists with providing drug information to Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, patients and others, as necessary.
- Assists Pharmacists with preparation and labeling of compounded sterile applications.
- Assists with monthly medication room reviews and inspections; assures unused drugs are returned to the Pharmacy; removes outdated and recalled drugs.
- Prepares report for Pharmacist.
- Replenishes required pharmacy working and floor stock items, as required; conducts inventory checks.
- Maintains control records of manufactured items.
- Verifies invoices against drug shipments received; stores drugs in appropriate locations.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current Permit to practice as a Pharmacy Intern in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.