Performs a variety of duties related to the set-up and delivery of foods to patients, including but not limited to, setting up and loading of meal trays onto trucks, delivery of meals to assigned rooms, collection of empty trays and/or food trucks, preparation and delivery of tube feedings. Cleans assigned areas in department, as well as food service equipment and utensils.
- * Portions cold food items as assigned (i.e., fruit, cottage cheese, desserts, etc.).
- * Sets up trays with cold and hot food items according to checked requests on menu as tray is assembled on conveyor belt.
- * Loads completed meal trays onto trucks and delivers meals to assigned rooms.
- * Collects empty trays and /or food trucks from rooms and strips trays.
- * May assist in other sections of department (i.e., salads, nourishment, Kosher Kitchens, cafeteria).
- * Prepares and delivers tube feedings; assembles and delivers canned supplements.
- * Sweeps and mops floors; cleans walls.
- * Cleans walk-in and reach-in refrigerators, freezers, and all food service equipment.
- * Removes garbage from all areas of the Main Kitchen and Cafeteria to compactor area.
- * Cleans pot, pans, and kitchen utensils.
- * Works in tray washing room, cleans patient trays, food trucks, garbage pails, cafeteria trays and equipment.
- * Stores food supplies, paper goods and cleaning supplies, as required.
- * Assists Storekeeper, as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior experience, preferred. Driver’s License, preferred.
- Ability to portion items, load trays and pick-up and deliver trays.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.