Implements, coordinates, and evaluates all clinical Pharmacy services. Assists and directs Medication Usage Evaluations, collaborates with the medical staff, and establishes criteria for the safe, effective and appropriate use of medication.
- Develops and monitors the hospital�s policies/procedures regarding utilization of medications in collaboration with the medical staff, Pharmacy, and Therapeutics Committee; monitors medication utilization effectively and intervenes when necessary to ensure compliance.
- Monitors pharmacists activities regarding utilization surveillance and provides instruction/education as necessary; maintains necessary and appropriate records regarding the effectiveness of these drug therapy regimens and provides information as required.
- Ensures the safe and effective use of medication; guides staff in the provision of clinical services.
- Provides necessary, requested information to management for consideration in the staff�s performance appraisals; collaboratively, coordinates/implements educational training and competency programs for the staff and pharmacy students.
- Provides educational programs for health care staff regarding medication use; provides training as measured by the success of the staff to accomplish identified goals and improve patient care; incorporates professional concerns into the program.
- Coordinates activities with the assigned student preceptor and monitors the student�s activities and evaluates performance; initiates and implements programs.
- Coordinates and participates in the development of the hospital�s Formulary and related activities; contributes to the Formulary review process.
- Initiates/coordinates MUEs for P&T presentation; discusses findings.
- Performs all duties of a licensed registered Pharmacist as required by the leadership and as identified by the ability of the department to effectively provide comprehensive service; maintains compliance with established procedures, policies, and laws in performing the duties of a licensed, registered staff pharmacist.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy with 1 year internship required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Pharmacist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.
- Completion of a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency year and experience conducting medication use evaluations highly preferred.
- Completion of a PGY-2 residency in emergency medicine specialty OR PGY-1 residency year with additional two years of relevant experience, preferred.
- Pharmacy board certification (e.g. BCPS, BCCCP) preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $85,090.01-$147,219.93/year