Performs one of a number of tasks relating to the preparation and service of food; the delivery and collection of food and supplies, the appropriate operation of machinery and the sanitation of specific areas of the department.
- * Prepares, packages, portions and serves food to patients and cafeteria customers, as assigned.
- Prepares and arranges food according to guidelines.
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Serves food while accurately filling requests.
- Works the tray line.
- Refrigerates and labels perishable food.
- * Transports food and supplies to designated areas within hospital or cafeteria.
- Delivers food trays, nourishment, supplemental feedings and supplies in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Delivers and sets up special functions.
- Collects used carts or trays and returns them to kitchen.
- Maintains sufficient amounts of supplies to support operations.
- * Operates equipment in the preparation of food in a safe and efficient manner, according to policies and procedures.
- * Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and cafeteria areas.
- Mops floors, cleans equipment, utensils, work and service areas using detergents and germicides, as required.
- Washes dishes, trays, pots, etc.
- Cleans and polishes stainless steel equipment.
- Removes garbage from kitchen and cafeteria area.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior institutional food service experience, preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $21.01-$22.21/hour