Northwell Health’s Office of Patient & Customer Experience (OPCE) is living proof that you don’t have to be clinical to make a difference in healthcare.
Our professionals are dedicated to delivering compassionate, human-centered, quality care. We wholeheartedly believe that every role, every person, every moment matters.
The Hospitality in Healthcare Summer Internship Program is a 30-hour per week paid internship focused on a non-clinical, holistic approach to enhancing the patient and family experience.
This program is designed to expose students to various areas in healthcare culture, care delivery processes, hospitality, and accountability that may influence the experience of patients, their families, and our customers.
After a comprehensive orientation introduction to our organization, culture, values, and mission – you will explore how hospitality-based interventions can drive meaningful outcomes and change.
Through the guidance of your carefully selected mentor, you will take part in the following: Exposure to meaningful, hospitality-based patient areas (i.e. Patient & Family Experience, First Impressions, Support Services & Healthcare Administration, etc.). Hands-on implementation of dedicated capstone projects Networking with fellow program interns and executive leadership Team building activities and site tours Using data/dashboards to measure patient experience across the organization.
Opportunity to present to key leadership and stakeholders at the Summer Internship Showcase and much more!
- Participates in the collection and preparation of data relative to the work of the department.
- Assists in studies to objectively ascertain the efficiency, economy and effectiveness of department of Hospital operations, policies and procedures.
- Assists management in facilitating new programs and/or procedures.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
Schedule and Location
Monday-Thursday: 30 hours/per week. In-person
Duration: June 5, 2023-August 4, 2023
Port Jefferson, New York
Required Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Undergrad Junior; Undergrad Senior; Graduate Level.
- Currently enrolled in college majoring in Hospitality, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science, Information/Data Science, Food/Nutrition Science or related college major, required.
- Prior administrative experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).