‘Each intern will have the opportunity to rotate through all the Foundation focus areas to better
understand what needs to be in place for a best-in-class Development Office. Special emphasis
will be placed on front line fundraising. The interns will be asked to work alongside team
members and assisit with current projects, as well as produce a special Foundation team project.
They interns will present to the management team at the end of the eight weeks what they have
gleaned from their time with us.
- Interest in financial services, philanthropy, non-profit and charitable sectors
- Ability to organize with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Skilled problem–solver
- Team player while also capable of independent work
- Professional work ethic
- Interns will assist with the day-to-day operations of the assigned team they support
- Execute on assigned projects in support of department and company operations
- Participate in department meetings
- Partner with team members to problem solve and develop action plans for implementation
- Additional project work as assigned
- Attend and assist at donor events during their internship
- Performs related duties, as required.
Schedule and Location
Monday-Friday: 37.5 hours/per week. Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Hybrid Schedule
Duration: June 6, 2023-August 1, 2023
New Hyde Park, New York and New York City, New York
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Undergrad Freshman; Undergrad Sophomore; Undergrad Junior; Undergrad Senior.
- Currently enrolled in college majoring in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Non-Profit Management, Philanthropy field, required.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Must have strong communications and writing skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Prior administrative experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $18-$18/hour