Provides respiratory therapy as prescribed by a Physician. Prepares, operates and maintains respiratory care equipment.
- Ensures accurate and complete Physician prescription.
- Compares prescription requests with medical record order form and ensures information is complete.
- Clarifies any discrepancies with Physician and provides patient/significant other with respiratory education.
- Provides prescribed respiratory therapy.
- Performs vital capacity, inspiratory force and peak flow measurements; administers various oxygen concentrations, aerosol medication devices and mechanical ventilators; monitors oxygen supported ambulation; performs chest physical therapy (cupping and coughing); provides nasotracheal or artificial airway suctioning.
- Performs intubation and arterial blood gas puncture and delivers for analysis; documents all activities and patient outcomes/responses per policy and procedure.
- Maintains mechanical ventilators and respiratory therapy equipment.
- Tests ventilators for functioning of monitors, oxygen blenders, alarms and leaks.
- Conducts quick extended and/or short self-test on ventilators.
- Remedies all leaks and replaces defective equipment; troubleshoots mechanical problems by performing minor repairs and calibrations.
- Reports major equipment problems to management.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in New York State, and Current Respiratory Therapist (NBRC) Certification in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification, required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $49.53-$49.53/hour