Supervises and coordinates the staff and daily activities of staff in a laboratory. Drives results in a fast-paced environment by providing operational leadership and by interacting with clients, presenting organizational capabilities, defining scope of work and delivering results through execution and technical guidance.
- Promotes Clinical Laboratory Operations’ department goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable team members.
- Leads the activities of assigned Clinical Laboratory Operations team members by communicating and providing guidance toward achieving department objectives.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner. Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational performance. Coordinates staffing, material requirements and equipment needs. Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes, procedures and protocols. Implements System/Department policies and government regulations, and monitors compliance. Maintains quality control activities and records. Ensures maintenance and calibration of equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Assists with preparation of and compliance with the approved operating budget. Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or Cytotechnologist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 6 years of technical experience, required and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, preferred or Master’s Degree with 4 years of technical experience
- Competitive compensation benefits
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement package
- Tuition reimbursement and assistance
- Professional development thru Northwell’s own Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI)
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $79,880-$136,340/year