Performs a complete verification check on all health insurance coverage. Obtains all financial demographic information from the discharge planner for the organization, as well as outside referrals. Demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times.
- Obtains all financial demographic information from the discharge planner for the organization, as well as outside referrals.
- Verifies all required insurance information, including primary payor data.
- Notifies Nurses of any change in insurance information, as needed.
- Provides information on all insurance coverage and any patient financial responsibility to discharge planner.
- Completes all required elements of the insurance verification form.
- Enters verified insurance information into computer.
- Acts as a liaison between verifications and reimbursement.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $34,820-$51,950/year