Provides assistance to the Cook in preparing and cooking food for patients, employees and guests. Participates in assembly meal tray production and maintains clean and sanitary work areas.
- Prepares and cooks food for patients, employees and guests; places food times in appropriate cooking pans and cooks according to recipe and temperature guidelines.
- Removes food items from refrigerators and freezers according to amounts required for each meal service; utilizes a variety of kitchen utensils including knives, food cutters, blenders, and slicers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepares sandwiches and other miscellaneous food items per requests; prepares and cooks short order food items according to tally; makes sandwiches and wraps using appropriate portion sizes; labels items accordingly.
- Participates in preparing patient meal trays; places panned food on meal tray assembly line according to category; slices meats and cheeses, prepares salad mixes, etc.
- Portions and serves food according to patient/resident menu requests; handles late food requests in a timely fashion; removes unused food from serving table and warmers.
- Wraps, dates and stores food in refrigerators according to department policies and procedures.
- Complies with sanitation, safety and fire regulations of the Center and Food Service department; cleans respective work areas and equipment.
- Provides assistance to the Cook in the performance of duties, as needed; prepares and cooks soups, sauces, meats, fish, vegetables, and convenience items.
- Sets up hot food serving tables ensuring appropriate temperatures are maintained; portions and serves at entrée table, as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $26.18-$29.30/hour