Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research, and educational activities.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program and National Board Certification in specialty area required.
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, and current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required.
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with designated protocols filed with NYS Department of Education OR collaborative relationship attestation as per the Nurse Practitioner Modernization Act 2015.
- Current BLS certification, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$180,000/year