Provides individual, and/or group work services to patients and/or their families in various health care settings. Utilizes psychosocial assessment skills to deliver social work services.
- Provides culturally competent direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help individuals maximize their functioning.
- Utilizes high risk criteria and/or consultation referrals to identify patients in need of or who could benefit from social work assessment and intervention. Advocates on behalf of the individual to ensure maximum access to health care, assesses barriers and offers solutions.
- Provides interdisciplinary team with assessment findings and suggests potential impact on overall care of patient.
- Provides psycho education, counseling, and crisis intervention to patients and their families.
- Formulates and implements treatment and discharge plans that are safe and timely and in line with the expectations of the site and promote patient choice. Initiates communication with post-acute providers and payers as needed.
- Incorporates knowledge of community resource sand entitlement programs in all planning.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by site policies and procedures.
- Represents department and profession is various hospital/site based committees and work groups.
- May assign and monitor undergraduate and graduate level Social Work students; assigns cases to students and monitors work through weekly supervisory meetings; writes all required evaluations of student’s field placement performance.
- Consults with program management regarding student’s training program, progress, development, and placement experience; meets with student’s faculty advisor at prescribed intervals.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master of Social Work required.
- Current License to practice as a Master Social Worker, or Current License to practice as a Clinical Social Worker in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $66,220-$108,180/year