Performs assessments, nursing procedures, within the framework of the plan of care established by the physician.
- Provides specific nursing care to patients in the homes setting based on the physician-ordered plan of treatment.
- Reviews the plan of care with RN prior to initial visit to patient.
- Provides direct patient care using nursing skills and judgment.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and reports them appropriately to RN and/or MD.
- Reports patient findings and responses to care to primary RN on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies and reports medical equipment malfunctions to primary RN.
- Implements components of the health care teaching plan.
- Utilizes written materials, illustrations, feedback, verbal instruction and/or return demonstration with patients and caregiver(s) to facilitate the learning process; uses teaching techniques consistent with patient’s needs, abilities, learning preferences and readiness to learn.
- Completes documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the agency, and State and Federal regulations; ensures documentation is complete, legible and authenticated for each home visit.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or of a Nursing Vocational or Nursing Technical school required.
- Current License to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $44,450-$69,340/year