We’re committed to making our entire community healthier. Our employees and their dependents enjoy a full range of benefits to help them maintain health, enhance their wellness and handle life’s unexpected challenges.
- Medical: choice of four plans
- – UnitedHealthcare Value
- – UnitedHealthcare Buy-Up
- Prescription Drug Plan: coupled with medical plan option
- – Express Scripts: available to employees enrolled in UnitedHealthcare medical plans
- – CVS CareMark: available to employees enrolled in CareConnect medical plans
- Wellness Pledge Program: $1,040 annual paycheck credits for completing healthy actions, to offset the cost of your medical insurance
- Dental: choice of two plans through Cigna
- – DHMO (in-network only)
- – PPO (in- and out-of-network)
- Vision: Davis Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts: WageWorks
- – Health Care FSA
- – Dependent Care FSA
- – Commuter benefits
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans: AbsenceOne
- Life Insurance/AD&D: Aetna
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Aetna coverage available to you and your dependents
- The Clinical Call Center provides health assistance and support to Northwell Health employees and their dependents who are covered by Northwell Health’s United Healthcare benefit plans and have urgent health questions or concerns, or experience a change in condition. The Clinical Call Center is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, completely confidential and totally free!
Life has a way of throwing us the occasional curve. We offer several smart voluntary options to help make sure you’re protected.
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Fraud SafeGuard Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Select Life Insurance
In collaboration with the Long Island Housing Partnership, we offer $5,000 in financial assistance to eligible employees when purchasing a home on Long Island.
Employees have the opportunity to receive financial assistance up to $5,000 per family, per lifetime for direct costs related to the adoption of a child.
Up to 10 in-home or center-based care visits per year for children and elders in the event of school closing, unexpected shift change, etc.
We offer many ways to help plan for your retirement.
- Cash Balance Plan: after one year of service, Northwell automatically begins to contribute 3% of eligible pay. 100% vesting after three years of service working a minimum of 975 hours per year .
- 403(b)/401(k): if you are a staff-level employee, Northwell will automatically contribute 3%, with the opportunity to receive an additional 2% match based on employee contributions. 100% vested after 6 years of service.
- 475(b): available to director-level employees and higher, with minimum salary requirements. Employee-funded contributions up to $18,000 per year.
- If you contribute 6% of your salary towards retirement, the total Northwell contribution is 8%!
As an extra advantage for our executives and physicians, we provide our own “white glove” concierge services. We offer personalized one-on-one interactions as well as day-to-day availabilityto assist executives and physicians with:
- Retirement programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Any other HR related questions
This dedicated HR department delivers the highest quality support and advice so that you are better able to focus on the needs of your professional role.
Comprehensive health, welfare and retirement benefits are a great start. But our people deserve a lot more. Such as:
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) and legal holidays
- Education Benefits
- – Center for Learning and Innovation
- – Discounts to the following institutions:
- Capella University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Marist College
- Walden University
- Adelphi University
- Chatham University
- Merry College
- Employee Resource Groups
- – VALOR- veterans and active military members/families
- – Expressions- LGTBQA community
- – GreenBERG- sustainability
- – BRIDGES- cultural diversity and inclusion
- Rewards and Recognition
- – High-Potential Program
- – President’s Award
- – Service Award Dinners
- – Military Memorial Luncheon
- Employee Events
- – Holiday celebrations
- – Annual softball tournament and picnic
- – Employee Appreciation Barbeques
- Employee Assistance Program: behavioral health services to achieve and maintain optimum wellness and productivity at work.
- Employee Health Services: on-site clinicians and occupational health nurses available to all employees
- Discounts and Wellness Programs including: free smoking cessation, discounted gym memberships, free counseling services, Federal Credit Union membership, and other employee services
In order to continually advance our vision for redefining health care, we have to consistently advance the skills and knowledge of our people. This includes:
- Tuition Reimbursement – Eligible employees can receive $5,000 per calendar year in reimbursement toward qualified tuition expenses for an Associate’s; Bachelors or graduate-level degree
- Hofstra MBA Program – Eligible employees receive 100% employer-paid tuition expenses towards a Master’s degree from Hofstra University. Requires 24-month post-graduate commitment.
Our success also requires that we be truly innovative. Unique to Northwell Health, our Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) helps us live out this value every day. Through variety of continuous learning programs, CLI helps improve patient care, develop future leaders and enhance business practices. Initiatives include:
- Organizational Development
- Patient Safety Institute
- Physician Leadership Institute
- Scholar Pipeline
- Improvement Science
- Emergency Medical Institute
- Zucker School of Medicine
- Bioskills Education Center
- ALEAD 2.0 Program
- High Potential Development Program
- Learning Initiatives
- Administrative Fellowship
- Critical Care Nursing Fellowship
- Emergency Department Nursing Fellowship
- Pediatric Nursing Fellowship