Health, welfare and retirement benefits
We’re committed to making our entire community healthier. Our employees and their dependents enjoy a full range of benefits to help them maintain health, enhance their wellness and handle life’s unexpected challenges.
Medical: choice of three plans
- Northwell Health Value Plan
- Northwell Health Buy-Up Plan
- Northwell Health High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with Health Savings Account (HSA)
The Clinical Call Center: Provides health assistance and support to Northwell Health employees and their dependents who are covered by Northwell Health’s United Healthcare benefit plans and have urgent health questions or concerns or experience a change in condition. The Clinical Call Center is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, completely confidential and totally free!
Prescription Drug Plan: coupled with medical plan option
- Vivo Health
Wellness Pledge Program: $2,080 annual paycheck credits for completing healthy actions, to offset the cost of your medical insurance
Dental: choice of two plans through Cigna
- DHMO (in-network only)
- PPO (in- and out-of-network)
Vision: Davis Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts: Payflex
- Health Care
- FSA Dependent Care
- FSA Commuter Benefits
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans: myAbsence
Life Insurance: Aetna
Supplemental Life Insurance: Aetna coverage available to you and your dependents
Retirement:Northwell provides eligible employees a generous 401(k) Retirement Program to help them save for their future.
Offerings depend on your job title and date of hire.
Life has a way of throwing us the occasional curve. We offer several smart voluntary options to help make sure you’re protected.
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Fraud SafeGuard Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Select Life Insurance
Fertility plan update
A $45,000 lifetime maximum, inclusive of the 4 cycle limit for artificial insemination. Treatment received outside of Northwell Health Fertility is not covered.
Home healthcare and home infusion therapy
Covered when using the Tier 1 Northwell Direct network.
Hearing aid benefit
Plan members are eligible for two hearing aids up to $5,000 every five years at Northwell Health Hearing Aid Dispensaries.
Physician and executive concierge services
As an extra advantage for our executives and physicians, we provide our own “white glove” concierge services. We offer personalized one-on-one interactions as well as day-to-day availability to assist executives and physicians with:
- Retirement programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Any other HR related questions
This dedicated HR department delivers the highest quality support and advice so that you are better able to focus on the needs of your professional role.
Comprehensive health, welfare and retirement benefits are a great start. But our people deserve a lot more. Such as:
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) and legal holidays
- Business Employee Resource: Read more on our D&I page
- Rewards and Recognition
- – High-Potential Program
- – President’s Award
- Employee Wellness: Get tips for healthier living and track your progress through the Virgin Pulse app
- Employee Assistance Program: Behavioral health services to achieve and maintain optimum wellness and productivity at work.
- Employee Health Services: On-site clinicians and occupational health nurses available to all employees
- Discounts and Wellness Programs: Free smoking cessation, discounted gym memberships, free counseling services, Federal Credit Union membership, and other employee services
- Long Island Housing Partnership: In collaboration with the Long Island Housing Partnership, we offer $5,000 in financial assistance to eligible employees when purchasing a home on Long Island.
- Adoption Assistance Program: Employees have the opportunity to receive financial assistance up to $5,000 per family, per lifetime for direct costs related to the adoption of a child.
- Childcare Programs:Subsidized childcare programs through the Learning Care Group + Bright Horizons back-up child care with up to 10 in-home or center based care visits.
In order to continually advance our vision for redefining health care, we have to consistently advance the skills and knowledge of our people. This includes:
- Tuition Reimbursement: Eligible employees can receive $5,000 per calendar year in reimbursement toward qualified tuition expenses for an Associate’s; Bachelors or graduate-level degree
- Tuition Assistance Program: Hofstra University Northwell Health Master Degree Program – Eligible employees receive 100% employer-paid tuition expenses towards a Master’s degree from Hofstra University. Requires 24-month post-graduate commitment.
- Education Discounts: Discounts to the following institutions:
Chamberlain College of Nursing
Our success also requires that we be truly innovative. Unique to Northwell Health, our Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) helps us live out this value every day. Through a variety of continuous learning programs, CLI helps improve patient care, develop future leaders and enhance business practices. Initiatives include:
- Organizational Development
- Patient Safety Institute
- Physician Leadership Institute
- Scholar Pipeline
- Improvement Science
- Emergency Medical Institute
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Bioskills Education Center
- ALEAD 2.0 Program
- High Potential Development Program
- Learning Initiatives
- Administrative Fellowship