Golden Ticket Nursing Showcase
The Emergency Department Nurse Fellowship is a three-phase fellowship that focuses on medical, surgical and high-risk emergency care. In addition, the fellows are educated in the care of neurological, cardiac and trauma emergencies, acquiring the skills they need to work in a high-acuity, fast-paced emergency department. The program includes four major components:
- Patient simulation experiences through the use of technically-enhanced, anatomically-correct mannequins such as SimBaby™, SimMan™, SimMan Essential™, SimMan 3G™, SimJunior™, and SimMom™
- Clinical rotations within selected departments and in the emergency department
- Individualized education and mentoring
- Professional seminars and education sessions that focus on current emergency nursing modalities
This fellowship is available to recent graduates and experienced nurses interested in the education, resources and tools to advance to the next level in critical care.
This three-phase fellowship focuses on major specialties including Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, Coronary Care Unit, Cardiothoracic ICU, and Neurosurgical ICU.
The program includes three major components:
- Patient simulation experiences through the use of technically-enhanced, anatomically-correct mannequins such as SimMan™, SimMan Essential™, SimMan 3G™, and SimJunior™
- Didactic experiences and professional seminars that focus on comprehensive assessment skills, patient care management, interprofessional collaboration and nursing models of care delivery
- Direct care assignments across the range of selected specialties
Our Pediatric Fellowship offers fellowships in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Pediatric Emergency Department. These fellowships are open to both recent graduates and experienced nurses. The pediatric nurse fellowship program offers a focused specialized education to prepare the novice pediatric nurse to work in high acuity pediatric areas with a focus on the acutely ill child. The program includes three major components:
- Patient simulation experiences through the use of technically-enhanced, anatomically-correct mannequins such as SimBaby™, SimMan™, SimMan Essential™, SimMan 3G™ and SimJunior™
- Didactic experiences and professional seminars including comprehensive pediatric assessment, developmentally focused pediatric patient care management, interprofessional collaboration and family centered care
- Direct care assignments that include hands-on experience working with infants and children under the guidance of a Master Fellow, Senior Associate Fellow and Associate Fellow
We are excited to offer the Perioperative Fellowship to both new graduates and experienced registered nurses. This fellowship offers specialized education and training in intraoperative care. This program is divided into a six week didactic & clinical observation portion and a six-month preceptorship.
The six-week portion is comprised of seminars, patient simulation experiences and clinical observation days in the operating room. The preceptorship orients the nurse fellow to the intraoperative care setting.
The Oncology Fellowship is an exciting new addition to our fellowships. It is a multifaceted 16 week program. It combines classroom, computer web based training , simulation and preceptorship. It integrates inpatient and outpatient care for Oncology patients. Come be a part of our amazing interdisciplinary team.