We’re building the future of health care on a strong foundation.
As the nation’s 14 largest health care system, and a trusted source for world-class care, our future depends on growing and empowering tomorrow’s health care workforce. Northwell Health is proud to support student programs which:
- Inspire students to explore the full scope of opportunities available in health related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) careers
- Enable students to discover their unique talents and interests
- Demonstrate how coursework is relevant to preparing for a future in the health care field
- Reveal opportunities to transform lives, our communities and the changing health care landscape
- Promote high growth/high demand careers in both clinical and non-clinical professions
- Encourage collaboration among students, educators and the community
Long Island STEM Hub
Northwell Health is proud to serve, along with Brookhaven National Lab, as Co-Steward of the Long Island STEM Hub, a regional effort focused on engaging and aligning business and educational communities to increase the number of students interested in and prepared for STEM careers. The STEM Hub works closely on local, state and national levels to increase awareness and address the STEM workforce crisis. We are very proud to announce that our President and CEO, Michael Dowling has been named to the list of Top 100 CEO Leaders in STEM for 2016.
You can be a part of the exciting changes that are happening in health care now, while exploring your future career. The following programs can give you a relevant, impactful experience:
- Administrative Fellow
For students who have recently received a graduate degree with an emphasis in health care administration, this comprehensive 12-month fellowship will launch your career through departmental rotations, project management, individual mentoring and more. Click here to explore this program.
- Administrative Internships
You will develop and refine the skills necessary to provide the vital administrative support which enables us to deliver innovative, compassionate care throughout the communities we serve.
- Administrative Internship – High School & College Level
- Administrative Internship – High School & College Level
- Feinstein Administrative Internship
We are committed to discovering and developing tomorrow’s medical breakthroughs. Summer internship opportunities at Feinstein are available to high school, undergraduate and graduate students, and provide hands-on experience and exposure to the myriad of career opportunities available in the growing field of medical research. Click here to apply and explore this program.
- Healthcare Management Internship Program
Northwell Health’s premiere internship program is open to Junior undergraduate students who demonstrate academic excellence, natural leadership abilities and a desire to be the next health care leader. This eight-week internship program will show you how to use your talents to shape the future of health care. Click here to explore this program.
- IT Administrative Internship – Available Summer 2018
- Management Associate Program
This unique program is designed for college graduates looking to gain extensive experience and mentorship in the healthcare administration track. You will be a key contributor on a variety of exciting, strategic and innovative projects, while developing essential business, professional, analytical and project management skills. Click here to explore this program.
- Clinical Internship
Northwell Health partners with various local schools to provide experiential learning experiences to students majoring in specified clinical programs. Students develop specialized job skills by working alongside top clinical professionals and subject matter experts in the field.
You want to utilize your clinical skills and compassion to make a real difference. We’ll make sure you’re able to take those aspirations to the next level. Work with distinguished professionals who will coach and guide you to become the best you can be.
- Nurse Externship
Under the guidance of nurse preceptors on a specific work unit, this 8-week, paid summer internship is open to nursing students who have completed their junior year of study. This program will enhance your clinical knowledge, competence, and confidence through mentorship and applied patient care experiences. Check back in January 2017 for more information.
- Nurse Fellowship
Bringing together both didactic and clinical experiences, our nurse fellowship programs offer a comprehensive orientation for licensed new graduates as well as experienced RNs looking to specialize. Click here to explore our programs.
This is your opportunity to explore different careers paths through realistic hands-on experiences and identify potential career paths that match your interests and goals.
- The Spark! Challenge
Encourages eleventh and twelfth grade students to explore diverse career paths and ignites their interest in health related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) careers through:
- Exposure to a variety of both clinical and non-clinical careers
- Hands-on, fun and engaging activities
- Collaboration between students and Northwell Health professionals
- Medical Marvels
Created in partnership with The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, ninth and tenth grade students participate in a research competition, offering solutions to problems faced in our communities through:
- A deeper understanding of current health care issues
- Teamwork, communication and problem solving
- The opportunity to present to professional researchers
Northwell partners with local schools to offer focused programs aimed at enhancing student’s awareness of health careers, including:
- Live career webinars which spotlight professionals in diverse fields
- Career conversations library
- Educator Programs
We provide teachers with the resources and support they need to bring a health career focus and relevancy to their classrooms. These programs include:
- Professional Development Day, in partnership with The Feinstein Institute
- Teacher Advisory Board
- Healthcare Forum Series