At Northwell Health, we’re excited to have the privilege of working in some of the most culturally diverse communities. By creating a space that is welcoming to all, no matter race, religion, or creed, we’re fostering an inclusive workplace where we can accomplish amazing things being truly together.
For two years in a row, our organization has been recognized for our commitment to diversity and inclusion by Great Place to Work for demonstrating excellence throughout our diversity initiatives. Here are 10 reasons why we’ve been named to the Best Workplaces for Diversity’s list for 2020:
Here are 10 reasons why we’ve been named to the Best Workplaces for Diversity’s list for 2020:
- We’ve been named one of the nation’s top health systems for diversity according to DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems for Diversity for the seventh year in a row, ranking us second nationally and first in New York State.
- We have a commitment to veterans and have been named A Military Friendly® Employer for six consecutive years, and a top 10 employer for the past two.
- Team members have the opportunity to join one of our many Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) which enhance engagement, innovation and talent development while promoting an inclusive culture by celebrating our differences and commonalities.
- Our Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) and Center for Equity of Care (CEC) partner together to create training and education programs that foster cultural humility, critical thinking and self-awareness. These trainings contribute to a more inclusive environment in which team members from every background can feel comfortable.
- We have been a recipient of the National Association of Colleges & Employers Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award.
- Our Emerging Leaders Diversity & Inclusion Council champions voices within our organization to ensure we are effectively prioritizing and focusing our efforts in the right ways.
- We partnered with NYC Pride to showcase our support of the LGBTQ communities and ensure each member, regardless of sexuality feels comfortable within our family.
- Our Path to Inclusion program offers an integrated and comprehensive approach to training, hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities by driving mutual understanding.
- We believe in advancing women in their careers within the health community. Our Women’s Mentorship Program has seen participants receive promotions while creating strong professional bonds between mentees and leadership.
- When it comes to being Truly Ourselves, our spirit of caring and celebration is there for every holiday. From legal holidays to meaningful religious observances to national days, our team members make a point to make each holiday special.
As you can see, our organization works endlessly to create an environment that’s diverse and inclusive of everyone who wants to contribute to improving the health of our patients, our communities, and our health system as a whole. Learn more about our diversity initiatives and how you can be a part of our team.